National Funding to Promote the Integration of Immigrants
- National Funding to Promote the Integration of Immigrants
The Minister’s intention is that this funding stream would complement the Communities Integration Fund which he launched along with the Migrant Integration Strategy on 7 February.
The Minister stated:-
“ Subject to the availability of funds in my Department’s Vote it is expected that approximately €600,000 will be committed per year in this call over a maximum of three years. ”
The minimum annual grant amount that can be applied for is €5,000 per year and grants may range up to €100,000+.
This call will be open to applicants operating at regional and national level whereas the Communities Integration Fund is aimed at activities to be carried out by local community based groups.
Applications for Funding will be granted for the following activities:
- · Increasing mutual understanding between the host community and immigrants;
· combating racism and xenophobia;
· undertaking research on interculturalism and / or integration;
· facilitating language acquisition aimed at enabling immigrants to access employment and / or to integrate into their local communities;
· promoting the integration into Irish society of vulnerable or socially-excluded immigrants;
· introducing immigrants to the political system and encouraging them to vote;
· providing training to public and private sector organisations on equality and integration;
· providing information and support for immigrants in regard to access to services;
· providing information and support for immigrants in regard to immigration and citizenship;
· promoting integration in schools;
· promoting integration in the youth sector;
· promoting integration in the workplace;
· promoting the involvement of immigrants in sport, volunteering and cultural activities.
Application forms and other information can now be downloaded from www.integration.ie
Applications must be made on the Funding Application Form which should be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org before 12 noon on 22 March 2017.