National Funding to Promote Integration of Immigrants
23th February 2017
Mr. David Stanton, T.D., Minister of State at the Department of Justice and Equality with responsibility for Integration, Immigration and Equality has announced that applications are now invited for funding under the National Funding to Promote Integration of Immigrants.
The Office for the Promotion of Migrant Integration, Department of Justice and Equality is issuing a call for proposals for funding to promote integration of immigrants within Irish society.
The target audience for potential proposals consists of Irish nationals, including persons of migrant origin, EEA nationals and non-EEA nationals with permission to remain in the State. Projects focusing on applicants for international protection are not included.
Funding will be granted for the following activities:
- · Increasing mutual understanding between the host community and immigrants;
· combating racism and xenophobia;
· undertaking research on interculturalism and / or integration;
· delivering language training aimed at enabling immigrants to access employment in specific sectors and / or to integrate into their local communities;
· promoting the integration of immigrants into Irish society, particularly vulnerable or socially-excluded immigrants;
· introducing immigrants to the political system and encouraging them to vote;
· providing training to public and private sector organisations on equality and integration;
· providing information and support for immigrants in regard to access to services;
· providing information and support for immigrants in regard to immigration and citizenship;
· promoting integration in schools;
· promoting integration in the youth sector;
- promoting integration in the workplace; promoting the involvement of immigrants in sport, volunteering and cultural activities.
Applications may be made in respect of core funding and/or project costs. If core funding is applied for, this should be specifically indicated in the Funding Application Form.
The Call for Proposals is available here
Application form MS Word is available here.
It is intended that this funding will complement the Communities Integration Fund which was launched on 7 February. This call will be open to applicants operating at regional and national level.
^ Back to top